Since we are a small family run guesthouse, and we live here as well, we owe a responsibility towards the well being of our guests. Similarly, guests need to agree to the Guest House Rules and Regulations with the spirit of peace, harmony, amicability, simplicity, care, consideration and safety.
If you have any queries before your stay, please feel free to get in touch with us.
Arrivals and Departures
Check-in is between 2pm and 6pm unless by prior arrangement. Guests arriving early may be able to check in and leave their luggage with us until their room is ready, but please contact us first to ensure there is someone to greet you. Please let us know if you will be arriving after 6pm and what time we may expect you. If we do not hear from you, we may have to reoffer the room.
Check out is by 12 noon.
Late check-outs or early check-ins are subject to availability of room(s) on that day.
Check-in before 6AM and check-out after 6PM will be charged an additional night’s stay at the prevailing rate.
It is very important that we have a close-to-reliable time for arrival, as we are only two of us available throughout the day to arrange access, until keys are provided. There is no Reception. We also work in our Café and in the kitchen.
A deposit of THB 500 towards the room key will be collected during check-in. This amount will be refunded to you when you return the room key to us during check-out.
Children and Pets
Please let us know in advance if you are bringing children. Children below the age of 10 can stay free, as long as they sleep with the parents in the same bed.
We can provide an additional cot in some of the rooms (at an extra charge of THB 500 per night), subject to availability.
There are several stone steps on our property, including access to the rooms on the top floor. As such, it is the responsibility of the parents/guardians to ensure that children below the age of 10 are properly supervised and accompanied at all times.
Much as we love them, we are unable to accept pets in the property.
There are a number of steps and stairs at Café 2401 and Guesthouse, so those with disabilities may not find the building ‘user friendly’. We regret that we are unable to provide wheelchair access because of the nature of land where our guesthouse is built.
A non-refundable deposit of one night will be taken to secure any booking payable by bank transfer, PayPal or cash. We may ask for your credit/debit card details and intend to offer debit or credit card payments in due course. For bookings of three or more rooms, we require the balance to be paid no later than 30 days prior to arrival.
For bookings that coincide with the dates around the full moon party (please check the dates when the Full Moon Party is held here – external link), we require the full payment of your stay.
For last minute bookings (less than 48 hours notice), we require the full payment of your stay.
Your booking is confirmed when we would have received your deposit and confirmed your booking by email. No bookings are accepted from those aged under 18 years. Deposits are non-refundable.
Cancellations will be charged as follows:
Within 21 days of arrival: 25% of reservation value (or first night’s cost, whichever is higher)
Within 14 days of arrival: 50% of reservation value (or first night’s cost, whichever is higher)
Within 7 days of arrival: 100% of reservation value.
Once a booking is cancelled (and we will explicitly confirm this), subsequent re-booking (even for the same dates, in part or full) is subject to availability of rooms at the prevailing rates.
We advise you to take out adequate cancellation/holiday insurance. We reserve the right to make a full charge for all losses you may cause us.
Why Do We Do This?
It causes us significant financial problems, when guests fail to turn up or shorten their visit at the last minute. We may have turned down a number of requests from prospective guests, as in busy periods we can let our rooms several times over. We are only a small family business, and need to be prudent.
Rates include only the room charges per night for the number of nights confirmed in the reservation. They do not include other costs you may incur during your stay with us (unless otherwise confirmed in writing). If you change the number of guests, rooms or dates, then the rates are subject to change too.
In the unlikely event that due to unforeseen circumstances, we cannot deliver your requested rooms, we will offer you alternative rooms where possible. We reserve the right to terminate your booking immediately, without being liable for any refund or compensation, if you should behave unacceptably, or cause nuisance or disturbance to other guests.
We have a strict non-smoking policy in the Guesthouse including walkways and staircases and we ask you to fully respect this policy. If it is found that a guest has been smoking in the building, we reserve the right to make a charge of THB 2500 to allow for loss of income, should the room be unfit for letting as a non-smoking room. This will also cover our extra cleaning costs.
You are allowed to smoke in the Café as well as in the Sala outside the guesthouse. Please dispose off your cigarettes in a responsible manner in the ashtrays provided.
We will hold you responsible for any damage or loss caused to our property by your acts or omissions, default, accident or neglect. By booking with us you agree to indemnify us and to pay us on demand an amount reasonably required to make good or to rectify such damage or loss caused by you.
Please can you ensure you return your key(s) at check-out. A lost key will be charged at THB 500 to have a replacement cut.
We kindly ask our guests to respect everyone in the lodge & to dress appropriately while using the common areas.
We, at Café 2401 and Guesthouse, are dedicated to the protection of our planet’s resources and would encourage our guests to help us by:
- Switching off lights and air-conditioners when not in use.
- Ensuring that taps are always turned off after use.
We will replace towels everyday, and all linen once every 5 days during your stay. If you choose not to avail of housekeeping services, then we will reward you with a voucher worth THB 50 per day, that you can redeem against any food and drinks consumed at our Cafe.
We will sort the recyclable rubbish collected from guest rooms into paper, plastic, metal and glass.
Parking is available free of charge for all house guests. Please ensure that your parked vehicles do not block the entrance and exit.
Do not leave any valuables inside your vehicle while it is parked. Café 2401 and Guesthouse cannot accept responsibility for the loss or theft of any such articles while your vehicle is parked.
- Avoid making noise or disturbing the other house guests. Musical instruments, radios, televisions, stereos, and/or any other source of amplified sound shall be played at a volume that shall not disturb or annoy other guests. We shall pay particular attention to limiting noise between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. We also request the guests to refrain from making any noise outside the building, in the courtyard or directly in front of the building. If coming back late at night, keep in mind that there are other people sleeping in the same building, so please keep noise levels to the minimum. We reserve the right to ask you to leave the guesthouse if you behave in an irresponsible manner that inconveniences either our guests or us.
- Please utilise the premises, its facilities and electrical/electronic appliances with utmost care.
- Please do not renovate the premises and its facilities in anyway.
- Please refrain from using equipment or fixtures for purposes other than those intended.
- Please do not remove or alter any equipment or fixtures at the Guest House.
- Nailing or sticking items on wall, windows and all other facilities is strictly prohibited.
- For safety purposes, please do not install any high power consumption appliances without prior approval from us.
- Please switch off all lights and air-conditioning units when leaving the premises.
- Please do not leave appliances in standby mode.
- Please ensure that all water taps are properly turned off after use.
- Café 2401 and Guesthouse will not be responsible for any loss or damage to the guests’ personal belongings.
- Rubbish will be cleared from the common areas. Please leave your rubbish in the designated bins.
- Please keep the premises clean at all times and leave no personal belongings in the common areas.
- Please ensure you have all your personal belongings with you before leaving the premises. Any belongings that are left behind will be disposed of.
- Please do not eat in the bedrooms.
- Please refrain from holding meetings with visitors in your bedroom.
- Please refrain from inviting outside visitors to the premises.
- Books in the common area are for reading within the Guest House only.
- No criminal offence, according to the laws of Royal Kingdom of Thailand, may be committed on the premises
- No drugs or prohibited substances may be brought into, or be used, on the premises.
- No gambling or smoking anywhere in the guesthouse premises.
- Fighting, intimidation or aggressive behaviour will NOT be acceptable.
- Any loss or damage to our property such as furniture, linen and so on shall be charged to the guest accordingly.
- Please do not bring onto the premises of the Guest House any of the following:
- Animals or birds of any kind;
- Gunpowder, oils or other explosives or inflammables;
- Objects emitting a foul odour;
- Unregistered firearms or swords;
- Objects of an unusually large size or in unusually large quantities; and
- Illegal drugs or other articles, the possession of which is prohibited by the laws of Thailand.